Monthly Marketing Holidays & Events for June 2017
By: June Bachman ~
5/26/2017 9:00:00 AM
Generating content for your blog and social media posts is always a challenge for everyone … even for Wendy and me at bWyse. One idea for inspiration it to look at not only the “holidays” and special days of appreciation that occur during a specific month; but to also consider organizations who choose to bring more awareness to their causes during a specific month.
Here’s a list of what other will be calling attention to during the month of June 2017. We encourage you to review the list to determine where you may find inspiration and connection with your own small business to help find and write content for your blog, as well as your social media posts during April!
Awareness of Causes …
- Aquarium Month
- Adopt a Cat Month
- Fresh Fruit and Vegetables Month
- Candy Month
- Camping Month
- Great Outdoors Month
- Iced Tea Month
- Turkey Lovers Month
Specific Days of Celebration, Appreciation and Holidays …
- 2 - Leave The Office Early Day
- 2 - National Donut Day
- 5 - World Environment Day
- 6 - Higher Education Day
- 8 - Best Friends Day
- 14 - World Blood Donor Day
- 14 - National Flag Day
- 18 - Father’s Day
- 21 - National Selfie Day
- 21 - International Yoga Day
Marketing: How to Grow Your Business - Part 4: Facebook Ads - A Few Tips
By: June Bachman ~
5/24/2017 9:00:00 AM
View Previous Parts:
Now that you've worked hard to identify your target niche market, and also 'what' you are going to offer, it's time to setup your Facebook Ads. Here are a few ideas to consider ...
AD STRATEGIES, TECHNIQUES AND TIPS
- Match Your Ads to Your Goals
- Getting more sales on your website
- Getting people into your store
- Getting the word out about your business
- Start with a simple boost of a page post
- Boosting the content you share on your page is a great way to get started with advertising on Facebook.
- You can target different audiences every few days, at different days and times every week, and then go into Ads Manager to see what’s working.
- In a short amount of time, you’ll be learning a lot about your audience.
- Start with a modest budget
- You can get started advertising on Facebook with any amount you want.
- Small budgets can begin to show real results, especially when you test different strategies against your objectives, such as different images or copy.
- And if you have a physical location, you can create offers so your customers will come into your store telling you they saw the offer on Facebook.
- Focus on using good images
- Eye-catching images that are unique and relevant to your products and services are a big driver in creating compelling ads.
- Pay attention to image quality and colors that stand out in News Feed, as well as keeping text to less than 20 percent of your image.
- Again, like every other aspect of your ad strategy, you’re going to want to test different approaches
- If you don’t have high-quality images, try using some of the professional stock images that Facebook provides. They’re free, and can help make your ads look a lot better.
- Experiment with different targeting options
- When you run ads on Facebook, you can reach all kinds of different audiences. The most important thing is to find the audiences that are the most relevant to your business and deliver messages to them that are meaningful to them and to your business.
- Any small business owner is going to know their customers, so it just becomes a matter of matching those customers with audiences on Facebook.
- Once you become comfortable with that process and want to move to the next level, you can even use your existing customer lists to reach those customers on Facebook using custom audiences.