The Importance of Online Reviews …
By: June Bachman ~
7/21/2014 9:15:00 AM
Not only are more people turning to the internet to read online reviews prior to their purchases … they trust those reviews more than ever before. In fact there is a lot of searching for local businesses done by consumers … each and every day. In the past year, of all consumers …
- 57% searched for businesses online more than six times
- 39% searched for local businesses online at least once per month
- 15% searched for local businesses online EVERY DAY!
These consumers are doing their homework. More and more consumers are reading your customer reviews as part of their decision making / buying process.
- 67% of consumers read up to six reviews
- 85% of consumers read up to ten reviews
- 7% of consumers read up to twenty reviews (2% more than last year)
This means your business should work hard to have at least ten reviews … as a starting goal. Always strive to ensure your most recent reviews are positive with good ratings.
- 92% of consumers will choose a business if they have a rating of 4 out of 5 stars.
- But, only 72% of consumers will choose a business with a 3 star rating.
- And, very few consumers – only 14% - will choose a business with a 1 star rating.
The good news is that 72 of consumers claim that positive reviews do increase their trust of a local business. But better than that is that over 88% of consumers state that they trust online reviews just as much as they trust a personal recommendation. This is huge for your small business. Simply put, working on your reviews is yet another thing to add to your online marketing efforts.
If you’d like to make it easier for your customers to give you a review … check out our free online review tool to add to your website.