LinkedIn Adds Member Block Feature
By: June Bachman ~
3/10/2014 9:00:00 AM
For a long time LinkedIn members have wanted to be able to block other members from viewing their profiles. LinkedIn has finally added a privacy control to allow you to do just that. You now have the ability to control the access to, and interaction with your profile. You now have a tool to assist you with blocking spammers (or other LinkedIn members you desire) from viewing and interacting with you via LinkedIn.
When you block a member on LinkedIn:
- You won't be able to access each other's profiles on LinkedIn
- You won't be able to message each other on LinkedIn
- If you're connected, you won't be connected anymore
- Endorsements and recommendations made by the blocked party will be removed
- Both parties will stop seeing suggestions to interact
- The blocked party will NOT be notified
Other features that LinkedIn has included are:
- Disconnecting from existing connections
- Controls of your activity broadcasts
- Profile and photo visibility settings
Keep in mind, unless you’ve set it otherwise, LinkedIn tracks those who view your profile and shares it with you. This means that others may be informed when you view their profile. Prior to blocking another LinkedIn member, you may wish to turn on anonymous profile viewing (in your settings), so you won’t leave your name in the Who’s Viewed Your Profile section of the person you’re blocking user account. Keep in mind when you do this, it also turns off this feature for you. You won’t be able to see who’s viewed your profile either.
To block a LinkedIn member from viewing your profile, go to THEIR LinkedIn page. Next to the Suggest Connections/Send a Message buttons, on the right, select the drop down arrow. A pop up menu will appear. Select Block or Report and follow the steps to complete the block.
As always, if you have questions about LinkedIn, or other social media platforms, don’t hesitate to post a comment, send us an email (info@bWyse.com) or give us a call 425-885-9976. We’d love to help!