Work Your Google Local SEO Plan & Be Ready for Voice Searches
By: June Bachman ~
9/1/2017 9:00:00 AM
Mobile technology continues to move forward with artificial intelligence (AI) voice search. Just think of the products we already have …
- Google Home
- Amazon Alexa
- Droid Bixby
- Apple Siri
- Windows Cortana
It’s predicted that over 50% of all searches by 2020 will be voice searches.
We do a lot of voice searching these days … so it is important to ensure your local search engine optimization strategies take voice search into consideration. The best strategy for now, is to start with the basics.
Basic Elements of Google Local Search Optimization
- Update Your Google My Business (GMB)
- Consistent Name, Address & Phone (NAP) content
- Optimized Website Pages
- Fast Loading Website
- Quality Content Throughout Your Website
Once you have the basic elements of local SEO incorporated, you’re ready to move beyond the basics.
Additional Steps to Increase Local SEO include:
- Geo-tag Your Images – add GPS meta data
- Embed a Google Map – on your location page
- Implement a Process for Increasing Your Customer Reviews
- Get More Retweets, Likes & +1s on Your Social Media Posts
- Publish Press Releases and Include Your NAP content
Keep in mind voice search will affect your SEO efforts.
- Over have of all voice searches are done on smartphones. Make certain your website is mobile friendly – or it won’t even be included in the search engine results!
- Update your keyword phrases to be more “how we talk”. For example, be sure to include the following words in your keyword phrases:
- Incorporate the “how we talk” phrasing into the content on your web pages. These are called “Micro-Moments”.
- I want to know
- I want to go
- I want to do
- I want to buy
Taking the time now to update and optimize both your website pages and local listings will ensure that not only will your website continue to be found, but also increase your local search listing ranking.